Junior Professional Programme 2024/25 (Brussels & Luxembourg)
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement.
We are looking for highly motivated and qualified Junior Professionals to fill 5 positions. Deadline for application: 6 March 2024.
The aim of the programme is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the EFTA Secretariat.
Field of work
The Junior Professionals will be assigned to a specific division of the EFTA Secretariat according to the academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives.
Posts are offered within the following fields of work:
- Legal Affairs (Brussels)
- Policy Coordination (Brussels)
- Statistics (Luxembourg)
A short overview of the activities of each division and the related Junior Professional position can be found here. Please read the document carefully before applying, you can consult the EFTA Secretariat website for more information.
Note that candidates must specify their preferred field of work in the online application tool.
University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Law, Economics, Political or Social Science, International Relations etc.) or final year students due to complete their degree prior to 1 September 2024.
Work experience of 1-2 years in a governmental service and knowledge of the EEA agreement or EFTA free trade agreements would be an advantage.
- An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English;
- A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
Fluency in both spoken and written English.
The Junior Professional programme at the EFTA Secretariat is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
What we offer
- Junior Professionals receive a monthly stipend of EUR 1 790 (if stationed in Brussels or Luxembourg);
- Accommodation in spacious individual furnished flats will be provided;
- Health, life and invalidity and travel insurance cover;
- Reimbursement of travel costs upon taking up and leaving the programme;
- The opportunity to join language classes.
Note: The stipend and benefits received by Junior Professionals do not fall under the same privileges applying to EFTA officials. The relationship with the respective tax authorities is the Junior Professionals' own responsibility and the taxation decision lies with the competent tax authority.
Only applications submitted via the EFTA online recruitment tool will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and interviews are normally conducted online via Teams in the weeks following the deadline.
Please be aware of the following:
- Your application will only be considered if you are a national of one of the EFTA Member States;
- All requested information on education, work experience, motivation, etc., should be filled in on the application form;
- Applications submitted by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
In the interest of offering this valuable experience to the broadest pool of individuals possible, former ESA, EFTA Court and EFTA Secretariat Junior Professionals/trainees will not be eligible to apply for this Junior Professional Programme.
For any further information, please contact EFTA Human Resources: email@example.com