Officer Translation & Publication - EEA Coordination Division
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate who is willing to take on a challenging post in a dynamic environment.
The EEA Coordination Division consists of currently 18 staff members and is responsible for the overall coordination of general policy and legal EEA related activities, i.a. servicing the EEA Council, EEA Joint Committee and Standing Committee of the EFTA States.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the translation, largely from English, into Icelandic of EEA-relevant material for publication in the EEA Supplement to the Official Journal of the EU. The work comprises the translation of legal, technical, financial and general material from the EEA Joint Committee, the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court, the EFTA Standing Committee and the European Commission.
The translator will among other things also be responsible for the creation of translation projects in Trados Studio, maintenance and quality assurance of TMs, creation and updating of project templates and proofreading of the Icelandic version of the EEA Supplement.
University degree in translation or languages.
- Several years of experience in translation work and proven experience in the translation of EEA or comparable texts;
- Sound knowledge of SDL Trados Studio;
- Sound knowledge of the EEA Agreement and the EEA Institutions;
- Experience with standard office software – Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Self-reliance and autonomy and facility for teamwork in a task-oriented environment;
- Ability to change/adapt priority settings when necessary;
- Result-oriented approach and a productive and co-operative attitude;
- Open eye for details and ability to work very accurately.
- Native Icelandic speaker;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of French and/or German is an advantage.
Annual starting salary: EUR 97,397.28
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
On job content: Mr Kjell Leifsen, Head of Translation and Publication, firstname.lastname@example.org
On process: Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, email@example.com
Technical issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 17 October 2021.