Finance Coordinator - Administration Division (ADM)
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is the intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration among its members, within Europe and globally. With offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxembourg, the EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels, this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement.
This position is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein Norway and Switzerland) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
The Administration Division is based in Brussels and provides internal services and support to the whole organisation. As a Finance Coordinator, you will be part of a team committed to excellence in its deliverables and responsibilities (budgets & reports, payments, payroll, cash management and controlling). The Finance team consists of four members and you will work under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer and carry out work in the areas of:
- Processing of invoices and claims
- Initiating and processing (vendor) payments
- Posting of all general ledger transactions
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Administration of staff savings fund and insurances
- Monthly review/reconciliation of accounts
- Responding to queries from staff and vendors
- Assisting with budget preparation, financial reports and audit
- Other tasks assigned from time to time
University degree, diploma, or certificate in accounting/bookkeeping/controlling or equivalent through relevant and comprehensive experience.
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience, preferably within an international environment.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, preferably Dynamics 365.
- Knowledge of expense- and bank payment systems.
- Experience and confidence in working with MS Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Accuracy and keen eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent analytical skills and a substantial work capacity
- Self-reliance and autonomy as well as an ability to work in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, preferably also French
- Knowledge of other EFTA/EU languages would be considered an asset
Annual salary: 48,073.92
Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway) or EU Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: https://jobs.efta.int
For further information on this post, please contact:
Technical issues: HR Support, HR.email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 26 September 2021.