Administrative Coordinator Trade Relations Division (TRD) - VA 09/2021
The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). EFTA has established preferential trade relations – primarily in the form of free trade agreements and joint declarations on cooperation – with more than 50 countries and territories outside the EU and is continuing to develop this worldwide network.
The Trade Relations Division (TRD) of the EFTA Secretariat in Geneva consists of 12 staff members. It provides comprehensive services related to the exploration, negotiation, administration, analysis and upgrading of EFTA’s preferential trade relations.
This position is open to nationals of all the EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and EU Member States.
The successful applicant will:
- Support the Secretariat’s activities in TRD, including coordinating preparation and organisation of internal meetings as well as with partner countries;
- Coordinate, edit, proofread, format, and distribute documents;
- Prepare meetings, travel and representation;
- Edit and update the Trade Relations Division’s part of the EFTA website;
- Carry out general secretarial and administrative duties for the EFTA office in Geneva.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Several years’ experience of secretarial and administrative tasks, preferably in an international setting;
- Experience in working with formal and/or legal texts;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, OneNote, SharePoint), use of Internet and web editing;
- Experience in organising events with international participation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational and secretarial skills with attention to detail;
- Proactivity, flexibility, and openness to evolving structures, variable working hours, tight deadlines, and international travel;
- Ability and willingness to cooperate closely in an international team;
- Service mindedness, providing quick responses to internal and external requests;
- Ability to communicate with representatives of governments, state agencies and the private sector with tact and courtesy;
- Responsibility, confidentiality, and respect.
- Excellent spoken and written English (EFTA working language);
- Fluency in spoken, and written French and/or Spanish;
- Knowledge of other relevant languages is an asset.
Annual salary: CHF 85,437
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age, and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States or the EU Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Any questions about the application and selection process should be directed to HR.
Deadline for applications: 5 July 2021