Administrative Coordinator - FMO
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the secretariat of the EEA Grants and Norway Grants, and is affiliated to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to take on the post of Administrative Coordinator in the Administration and HR Unit in the Department of Compliance and Administration of the FMO.
The overall objectives of the Grants are to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the 15 Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
The Grants are based on a programme model where the Beneficiary States are responsible for the programmes and for projects implemented under the programmes. Some programmes and funds, notably regarding civil society, regional cooperation and decent work and a small number of energy and innovation programmes, are under the responsibility of the FMO.
The allocation for the funding period (2014-2021) totals €2.8 billion. The priority sectors in the period 2014-2021 are:
• Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness;
• Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction;
• Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy;
• Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms;
• Justice and Home Affairs.
The FMO offers an international, stimulating and diverse workplace, with a current staff of over 60 employees comprising about 20 nationalities. Our values are:
• Cooperation; and
• Trust, responsibility and respect.
For more information please check our website at: www.eeagrants.org.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
The Administration and HR Unit at the FMO is at the centre of providing various services to our staff to ensure that they have all conditions for engaging and fulfilling work. The unit's work is in a wide range of areas (HR, employee communication, documents and records management, learning & development, office management, contracts & invoices). This requires form our team members a very specific profile with great flexibility, ability to work in various areas, learn quickly, be at ease with IT and modern office technology. Moreover, it is important to be service minded and client oriented with excellent communication skills.
There are seven people working in the team including a trainee. The Administrative Coordinator is reporting directly to the Head of Unit but is expected to be closely working with other team members on cross-cutting projects as they arise, as well as serving as a back-up for each other.
Human Recourses Management
In line with the FMO HR Strategy the successful candidate will provide support to the Head of Unit and the FMO staff in the respective areas such as e.g. work environment, learning and development, recruitment and knowledge and information sharing.
In particular, this will include:
• Provide support in the FMO recruitment and selection processes for staff and trainees;
• Maintain HR related information up to date;
• Draft relevant notes, memos and reports;
• Handle statistical HR data and preparing periodic reports for FMO management;
• Organise training and/or events for FMO staff;
• Provide onsite and on-line support and managing logistical arrangements for various FMO events.
In line with the FMO Employee Communication Strategy the incumbent will organise events and activities, provide information to staff and maintain the FMO internal communication platforms.
In particular, this will include:
• Look for internal communication opportunities and drafting engaging content, encourage the FMO internal community to share success stories;
• Coordinate planning and publication of FMO content;
• Write, proofread and edit content such as FMO internal news articles, newsletters, reports, presentations;
• Manage the FMO Intranet News & SharePoint Site pages and other FMO internal communication platforms.
Depending on the needs and distribution of tasks in the team the incumbent will be also handling a range of administrative support tasks.
In particular, this will include:
• Provide administrative support and assistance to the FMO staff;
• Provide onsite and on-line support and managing logistical arrangements (internal and external) at and for meetings, workshops and staff events;
• Keep up-to-date the FMO administrative database and mailing lists;
• Handle contracts and invoices;
• Maintain contacts with service providers and suppliers;
• Register and retrieve records and documents from FMO’s information systems;
• Cooperate closely with and back-up of other team members within the Unit and in the respective EFTA services as needed.
The successful applicant must be willing to take on other tasks as required.
Professional training in the related field(s) certified by a diploma or a certificate is required; relevant university degree at least at Bachelor’s level would be an asset.
At least 3 years of relevant experience in at least one of the listed areas. Experience in more than one area of responsibility listed above would be a plus. Work experience in an international organisation would be an asset.
• Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and an eye for detail;
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, including a dynamic, flexible and positive attitude and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to prioritise tasks, conflicting demands and find pragmatic solutions;
• Positive, proactive and service-minded attitude;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Self-reliance and autonomy; sense of initiative and team spirit;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
• A quick learner who is a driver of continuous improvement of processes;
• Comprehensive IT skills, including proficiency in SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, Office365 applications and Microsoft Office.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (the working language of the FMO) are a requirement. Fluency in any of the Donor State languages or in French and/or Dutch would be an advantage.
Annual starting salary: EUR 48,073
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
FMO is an employer dedicated to the principles of diversity and equal opportunities. We select our staff without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, religion, colour, culture, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, pregnancy or family responsibilities.
We offer a very interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and diverse environment and the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States and, as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
For further information about this position or about the recruitment process please contact: Ms Vera Medinskaya, Head of Administration and HR Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32 2 211 18 60.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 23 May 2021.
Please note that the interviews will take place June 2021.
Starting date: September 2021.