Officer EEA Coordination Division (ECD) - VA 08/2020
The work entails organising regular meetings, seminars and/or conferences of the Committee and providing information and support to members of the EFTA Consultative Committee. The successful applicant will work closely with the Chair of the Committee and Bureau members and organise the day-to-day work of the Committee. The successful applicant will notably be involved in researching, analysing and preparing policy documents, reports and resolutions on issues of interest to the committees in cooperation with experts in the Secretariat. The successful applicant will also, in cooperation with colleagues in the EEA Coordination Division, monitor policy developments in the EU and in international trade and contribute to the Secretariat’s analytical and horizontal policy work.
The role involves liaison between the EFTA Consultative Committee and the statutory bodies of EFTA and the EEA, as well as the European Economic and Social Committee, European social partners, the national parliaments of the EFTA States, the European institutions, International and national organisations, Think Tanks and Academia.
The successful applicant will also have the responsibility of giving presentations and briefings, both internally and externally, on EFTA third country policy, the EEA and developments in the EU. The successful applicant is expected to travel on a regular basis and must be willing to take on other tasks as needed.
• Higher university degree in international relations, political science, economics, law or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in a national administration, parliament, social partner organisation or international organisation;
• Excellent ability to draft speaking notes, analytical reports and policy papers concisely and clearly in the English language;
• Solid knowledge of EFTA and the EEA Agreement, international trade policy and EU policies and institutional structure;
• Experience with standard office software.
• Result-oriented approach, a productive and co-operative attitude, and good diplomatic, communication and social skills;
• Excellent organisational ability and facility for teamwork, including the ability to effectively participate in coordinating work of highly qualified professionals in a dynamic, task-oriented and multi-cultural environment;
• Self-reliance, autonomy and ability to take initiative and deliver with short deadlines on sensitive issues under pressure.
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of French and/or another language of the EFTA member states would be an asset.
Annual starting salary: EUR 95'300.69
For further information on this post, please contact:
On job content: Mr Andri Luthersson, Director ECD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about the application and selection process should be directed to HR.
Deadline for applications: 8 June 2020