Administrative Coordinator/Personal Assistant
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement.
This position is open to nationals of all the EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and EU Member States.
The Internal Market Division (IMD) is responsible for giving support and assistance to the EFTA States in their work related to the EEA Agreement. The Division consists of 22 persons including 2 Administrative Coordinators.
The Administrative Coordinators play a central role in the IMD. We are looking for a highly motivated team player who is willing to take on challenging tasks and provide extensive administrative support and assistance to the Director, the colleagues in the IMD and its external partners. The selected candidate will have to demonstrate a high level of independence and proactivity and that s/he is always able to work efficiently under pressure and juggling a variety of tasks at all times.
The main tasks of the successful applicant will be the following:
- Personal assistance to the Director
- Assisting IMD colleagues with the preparations of meetings, including drafting agendas and reports, producing statistics and overviews, editing and formatting documents
- Collection and coordination of input to various processes and documents related to the management of the EEA Agreement, from internal and external partners, ensuring quality and keeping deadlines
- Providing onsite support and managing logistical arrangements (internal and external) at and for meetings and seminars
- Proof-reading of reports and other relevant documents in English
- Keep up-to-date the IMD contacts database and mailing lists
- Distribute, finalise and publish relevant documents, and update the EFTA website, portal (intranet) and extranet accordingly
- Close cooperation with and back-up of other coordinators within the IMD and in EFTA as needed
- Handling of invoices and expenses for IMD
- Liaising internally with the Administration Division regarding absences and other practical matters
The successful applicant must be willing to take on other tasks as required.
A relevant University degree, diploma or certificate
Knowledge of and interest in EU affairs and the EEA Agreement
- Minimum 5 years’ administrative work experience preferably within an international environment
- Experience working in EU affairs
- Experience of editing and proof-reading in English
- Experience of producing statistics and overview tables in Excel
- Experience in organising meetings and events
- Experience of having a coordinating role
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive IT skills, including Microsoft Office and in particular Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritise tasks and conflicting demands
- Knowledge of document management and case-handling systems
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An eye for detail and skilled multi-tasker
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- A quick learner who is a driver of continuous improvement of processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of French and any other EFTA/EU languages would be an asset
Annual salary: EUR 47,039
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
On job content: Ms Brit Helle, Director IMD, firstname.lastname@example.org
On process: Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, email@example.com
Technical issues: HR support, HR.firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions about the application and selection process should be directed to HR.
Deadline for applications: 3 May 2020.