Officer Translation & Publication - EEA Coordination Division
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate who is willing to take on a challenging post in a dynamic environment.
The EEA Coordination Division consists of currently 17 staff members and is responsible for the overall coordination of general policy and legal EEA related activities, i.a. servicing the EEA Council, EEA Joint Committee and Standing Committee of the EFTA States.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation and organisation of texts to be published in the weekly EEA Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union. Such texts being legal, financial, scientific or of technical nature prepared in English ready for translation into Icelandic and Norwegian.
S/he will be the contact point between the EFTA Secretariat and the EFTA Surveillance Authority as well as the EFTA Court in coordinating translation of documents from the Authority and Court into Icelandic and Norwegian as well as all EU languages. This implies close cooperation with the relevant services of the European Commission, as well as the other EEA institutions. The preparation of such publications includes a significant amount of proofreading.
- Work experience within the publication or translation area;
- Experience with standard office software – Microsoft Office;
- Sound knowledge of the EEA Agreement and the EEA Institutions is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of SDL Trados Studio is an advantage.
- High degree of organizational skills and responsibility through tight deadlines and heavy workload;
- Self-reliance, autonomy and facility for teamwork in a task-oriented environment;
- Result-oriented approach and a productive and co-operative attitude;
- Ability to change/adapt priority settings when necessary;
- Keen eye for details and ability to work very accurately;
- Comprehensive IT-skills.
- Native level of Icelandic or Norwegian;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of French and German would be an asset.
Annual starting salary: EUR 93,799
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Andri Lúthersson, Deputy Secretary-General - EEA Coordination Division, email@example.com, tel. +32 2 286 17 30 or
Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32 2 286 17 06
Deadline for applications: 27 October 2019.