Administrative Coordinator - EFTA Statistical Office
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its members, within Europe and globally. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States and has offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxembourg. The EFTA Statistical Office (ESO) in Luxembourg acts as a liaison office between the Statistical Office of the European Union (Eurostat) and the EFTA national statistical institutes.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player who is willing to take on challenging tasks and provides administrative support to the ESO team, in particular related to cooperation with EFTA’s partner countries in the field of official statistics. The position is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Norway) and EU Member States.
The main tasks of the successful applicant will be the following:
• Actively support the ESO Director and the Deputy in the preparation of administrative documents such as fact sheets, contracts and estimated budgets for different projects;
• Organise the logistics and provide support for external (outside Luxembourg) high-level meetings and events involving EU Member States, international organisations and partner countries;
• Ensure the follow up of projects from start to finish including payments, finalisation of budgets and reports;
• In cooperation with the other Coordinator, provide secretarial and administrative support to a small team of professional staff members;
• Proofread documents, letters, reports etc., and provide assistance in drafting documents in English to a high standard.
The successful applicant must be willing to take on other tasks as required.
Education: Relevant university degree or diploma
• Several years’ experience of administrative tasks
• Editing and proofreading in English
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels with representatives of governments and state agencies with tact and courtesy
• Client-focused, providing quick responses to internal and external requests
• An eye for detail while keeping the overview
• Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and at the same time meet deadlines
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
• English (mother-tongue level)
• Fluency in spoken and written French
• Knowledge of German and any other EFTA languages would be an asset
Annual salary: EUR 42,771.17 (80%)
Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States or EU Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Volker Täube, Director - EFTA Statistical Office, tel. + +352 430 133 521 or
Mr Lars Håkon Svennebye, Deputy - EFTA Statistical Office, tel. +352 430 132 282
Deadline for applications: 15 September 2019.