Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat 2019
Traineeships are offered at the EFTA Secretariat. The online application tool is open now.
Deadline for application: 3 March 2019.
The aim of the traineeships is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the EFTA Secretariat.
Field of work
The trainees will be assigned to a specific division of the EFTA Secretariat according to the academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives.
Posts are offered within the following fields of work:
- General / Policy Coordination (IMD and ECD), Brussels
- Information / Communication (SGO), Brussels
- Legal Affairs (IMD and ECD), Brussels
- Statistics (ESO), Luxembourg
- Economics and General / Policy Coordination (SGO), Geneva
A short overview of the activities of each division and the related trainee posts can be found here. Please read the document carefully before applying, you can consult the EFTA Secretariat website for more information.
Please note that candidates need to specify their preferred field of work in the online application tool.
• University degree within law, economics, political science, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
• Work experience of 1-2 years in a governmental service and knowledge of the EEA agreement would be an advantage.
• An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English.
• A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat are open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Trainees receive a monthly stipend of EUR 1 570 if stationed in Brussels, and CHF 2 430 if stationed in Geneva. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.
Applications have to be submitted via the EFTA online recruitment tool. Shortlisted candidates are contacted by phone. Interviews are normally conducted via Skype.
Please be aware of the following:
• Your application will only be considered if you are a national of one of the EFTA Member States.
• All requested information on education, work experience, motivation, etc., should be filled in on the application form.
• Applications submitted by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
In the interests of offering this valuable experience to as broad a pool of individuals as possible, former ESA, EFTA Court and EFTA Secretariat trainees will not be eligible to apply for this traineeship.
For any further information, please contact EFTA Human Resources:
Ms Eveline Snauwaert, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32 (0)2 286 17 07