Personal Assistant - Secretaries-General
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement.
This position is open to nationals of all EFTA Member States (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein) and EU Member States.
The EFTA Secretariat is recruiting a Personal Assistant. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and service-minded team member to join our office in Brussels. Reporting directly to the Deputy Secretary-General, the successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretaries-General.
The Personal Assistant plays a key role in the EFTA Secretariat, interacting with staff across the organisation, EEA EFTA States and institutions, as well as the EU institutions.
• General management assistant duties for the Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretaries-General
• Preparation of meetings and representation
• Coordination of Protocol issues
• Making travel and accommodation arrangements and handling expenses claims as well as providing day-to-day practical support to the Secretaries General
The successful applicant must be prepared to take on other administrative tasks according to the needs of the Association.
Commercial diploma, high school or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the performance of administrative tasks, preferably within an international organisation and/or a diplomatic mission.
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A highly organised, flexible and service-minded approach
• Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritise tasks and conflicting demands
• Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook and Word. Experience with updating websites and intranet is an advantage
• Enjoy working both independently and in a team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Excellent command of written and spoken English (EFTA’s working language)
• Ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written) in French
• Knowledge of other EFTA languages is an asset
Annual salary: 52,398
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA States and the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein) or EU Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Ms Hege Marie Hoff, Deputy Secretary-General, email@example.com, tel. +32 2 286 17 20, or
Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +32 2 286 17 06
Deadline for applications: 24 February 2019.