IT Systems Engineer - Administration Division
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration among its members, within Europe and globally. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement.
This position is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
The IT Unit consists of five staff members and is part of the Administration Division. The IT Unit is responsible for providing IT services to the organisation as a whole and to 170 end users in the EFTA duty stations in Brussels and Geneva.
We are looking for an experienced IT professional who will report to the Head of IT and have a wide range of challenging technical responsibilities.
The main tasks of the successful applicant will be the following:
• Hybrid cloud infrastructure administration
• Network and Firewall administration
• Daily operations and help desk
• Server, application and user management
• Manage or contribute to cloud migration projects
• Contribute to business process improvement projects
• Develop and maintain technical documentation
• Contribute to the planning and development of IT infrastructure and strategy
• Coordinate tasks and follow up external consultants
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum five years’ relevant work experience
• Experience with the following technologies are required: Microsoft products including Azure, or similar Cloud IaaS technologies, Office 365 and Windows Server. Firewall and networking technologies
• Experience with VMWare, Veeam, F5 or similar technologies will be considered an asset
• Experience of document management systems would be an advantage
• Knowledge of IT Service Management and ITIL best practices
• Excellent organisational and communications skills, including a dynamic and flexible attitude and cultural sensitivity
• Committed, positive attitude
• Self-reliance and autonomy, but also a facility for teamwork
• Result-oriented approach, and proactive and cooperative outlook
• Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
• Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an advantage
Annual starting salary: EUR 58,756
Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Aleksander Bjoru, Head of IT, tel. +32 2 286 17 79 or
Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, tel. +32 2 286 17 06
Deadline for applications: 28 October 2018.