Officer - Administration Division
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement, and the Geneva office manages the EFTA Convention and EFTA free trade agreements.
This position is open to nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein).
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate who is willing to take on a challenging post in a dynamic environment.
The Administration Division is based in Brussels and provides internal services and support to the whole organisation including the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO). As Officer Administration, a newly established role, you will be reporting to the Director of Administration and will mainly be supporting Finance and HR with reporting, controlling, financial planning and general tasks related to payroll and expenses. In addition, you may be requested to resolve ad hoc questions/issues which the organisation may have. Your main tasks will be to:
• Execute controlling activities (monitoring and enforcing internal controls) to protect assets and assist different divisions so they remain within their assigned budgets;
• Prepare the monthly divisional and consolidated reporting;
• Coordinate the preparation of the performance-based reporting to EFTA Member States (twice per year);
• Assist in developing and maintaining dashboards and reporting tools for finance and HR;
• Assist with process and system implementations related to finance and HR;
• Assist in handling claims and expenses, within Concur Expense and Invoice, as needed;
• Assist in training colleagues in the use of Concur;
• Together with other Administrative staff, provide advice to EFTA colleagues on the application of the EFTA Staff Regulations and Rules.
The Administrative team is small and result oriented and you might be requested to take on other administrative tasks according to the needs of the team and the Association.
All Administration team members are responsible for the continuous improvement of processes carried out by the team. Therefore, initiative and an open-minded attitude are required.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Financial Management.
• The new officer has ideally 3-5 years of experience in accounting, controlling and/or finance;
• Experience with budgeting and accounting principles and standards, preferably IPSAS or IFRS;
• Excellent command of MS Excel, experience with MS Power BI (Power Query, Power Pivot, etc) would be an advantage and furthermore good knowledge of other Microsoft Office software (SharePoint, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint);
• Sound knowledge of and experience in using at least one accounting software package;
• Experience with automated expense management systems and/or system implementations would be an asset.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in teams and independently;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Detail-oriented with the ability to have an overall view of the organisation’s situation;
• Ability to draft reports concisely and clearly in the English language.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an asset.
Annual Salary: EUR 92,050
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Adalsteinn Leifsson, Acting Director of Administration, tel +41 22 332 26 10 or
Mrs Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Senior HR Officer, tel +32 2 286 17 06
Deadline for applications: 16 September 2018.