Personal Assistant to the Secretary-General
The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
The EFTA Headquarter in Geneva supplies services for policy development, negotiations and implementation of free trade and cooperation agreements with countries outside the European Union. EFTA's Brussels office provides support in the management of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) and EFTA’s Luxembourg office contributes to the development of the European Statistical system.
This position is open to nationals of all EFTA Member States (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein) and EU Member States.
Applicants should have excellent administrative skills supported with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably from an international environment.
Excellent knowledge and experience in the use of MS Office applications is imperative. Fluency in English and French are required. Knowledge of other EFTA or EU languages will be an asset.
The Personal Assistant to the Secretary-General in Geneva will:
• Carry out general management assistant duties for the Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretary-General
• Be responsible for maintaining confidential files
• Be responsible for and assist with preparation of meetings
• Coordinate Protocol issues • Provide assistance to Administration in various HR related tasks
• Be responsible for travel arrangements
The successful applicant might be requested to take on other administrative tasks according to the needs of the Association.
Commercial diploma, high school or equivalent.
• Extensive experience in the performance of administrative tasks, preferably within an international organisation and/or a diplomatic mission
• In depth knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Excellent administrative skills
• Strong organisational skills with a meticulous eye for detail
• Client-focused, responding quickly and effectively to requests
• Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and meet deadlines
• Enjoy working both independently and in a team
• Ability to communicate with representatives of governments and state agencies with tact and courtesy
• Initiative in improving office routines and services
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and French
• Knowledge of other EFTA and EU languages is an asset
Annual salary: CHF 93,538
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host States. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must apply online via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: https://jobs.efta.int
Deadline for applications: 22 July 2018.