Senior Officer Human Resources - Administration
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States. In Brussels this entails support in the management of the EEA Agreement, in particular in ongoing decision making for the continuing evolution of the EEA Agreement, and the Geneva office manages the EFTA Convention and EFTA free trade agreements.
This position is open to nationals of one of the EFTA Member States (Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein).
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate who is willing to take on a challenging post in a dynamic environment.
The Administration Division is based in Brussels and provides internal services and support to the whole organisation. As a Senior HR Officer, you will be leading a team consisting of four professionals who are all committed to excellence in its deliverables and responsibilities. You will report directly to the Director of Administration.
• recruit staff for the Secretariat, i.e. for all three duty stations;
• review, adopt and develop existing HR policies;
• assist the Director of Administration in determining and implementing HR objectives;
• exercise delegated authority for interpreting EFTA’s Staff Regulations and Rules;
• act as an advisor on HR issues for Directors;
• liaise with insurance companies regarding questions from Staff and the Pensioners;
• review and propose updates to the Administrative Guidelines;
• control and participate in the salary process;
• provide and organise general training for staff;
• assist the Financial Mechanism Office in all HR matters.
All HR team members are responsible for the continuous improvement of the processes carried out by the team. Therefore, initiative and an open-minded attitude are required.
Master’s Degree in HR management or equivalent.
• In-depth proven experience in HR;
• Leadership experience, preferably in an international organisation or a national administration;
• Sound knowledge in the use of HR systems and web-based recruitment tools;
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office software.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Reliable, trustworthy and committed;
• Ability to closely cooperate with all stakeholders.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an asset.
Annual Salary: EUR 106,606
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States.
Applicants must apply online via the e-recruitment tool. Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Sigurd Gangnaes, Head of HR, tel +32 2 286 17 06 or
Ms Katelijne Kenis, Senior HR Assistant, tel +32 2 286 17 09
Deadline for applications: 8 April 2018.